This past Sunday I stopped by Vino 100. This place is just a few blocks from my house and everyone knows I LOVE WINE! It's a wonder I hadn't been yet!



Actually, I'll tell you why. As much as I love wine, I'm NOT AN EXPERT. I try to learn as much as I can, but this is one thing I just haven't mastered yet. I sort of feel like you're either a member of some secret Illuminati club with the code words and special movements or you sit in an alley way and drink your wine from a spigot out of a box.

Yeah, this review isn't going where I wanted it to! Hang in there, I have a point!!

Often times I don't go into wine specialty stores because I fear having to interact with wine experts. They can be wordy and condescending, and as much as I try to say and do the right thing, I feel like I come up short. Fortunately for me, I put those feelings aside and took a chance.

What a great store!

I was greeted by a nice younger man. He was knowledgeable about their products without one ounce of condescension. I stayed for nearly 20 minutes asking questions, sampling wines, and BUYING stuff!

I even got a cool new gadget. Since I only have one glass at a time, this leaves about 3/4 of the bottle open. After a couple days of being open and letting air into the bottle, things just aren't as great as when I 1st uncorked it. So, now I have the Vacu Vin Wine Pump Set which keeps wine fresh for up to 14 days! It's a hand-operated pump that extracts oxygen and creates a vacuum, which slows the deteriorization of your wine.



COOL!!

Vino 100 has wine clubs, daily tastings, and events all the time. I'm rallying the troops and SO WANT TO HANG OUT THERE! They've got this cute little tasting room in the back with barstools and a big flat screen TV.

Can you tell I'm thoroughly enamored with them? Check them out and tell me if you love them too!